The AC Guy LLC
You can breathe more manageable when you have cleaner air in your home by cleaning your air ducts.
Your air duct system is designed to be resistant to the damage caused by dust, dirt, and other debris; it takes some time for the exact buildup to build enough to need cleaning. In the case of filthy air ducts, cleaning them will help reduce contaminants, ease the strain on your AC motor, and increase air quality.
Call us today or schedule an appointment online today for an air duct specialist.
Over 10 Years
Is it necessary to clean air ducts?
Even though it cannot be proven scientifically that air duct cleaning improves indoor air quality, the EPA states the following three reasons to clean your home's air ducts:
- If the ducts are clogged with excessive amounts of debris and dust and/or particles, then they will be released into your home from the supply registers.
- If you have ducts infested with rodents.
- If there is excessive mold growth on parts of your cooling and heating system.
Our extensive checklist has been created to ensure we can effectively clean all components of your air ductwork as they cross your entire home, have a lot of sections and parts, and are hidden inside your walls.
Our Air Duct Cleaning Checklist
You have to be careful when performing air duct cleaning. If not done correctly, it can mess with your air quality. Our licensed duct cleaners follow the following steps to ensure that your ducts receive the best cleaning and that your air quality improves after cleaning.
- Conduct IAQ Assessment
- Remove registers and clean them using a scrub brush and water
- Locate dander and duster buildup with an endoscope
- Use a roto brush to clean dander and duster in the ducts through the supply air register
- Use endoscope again to locate missed areas
- Install access doors for sanitizer sprays if needed
- Gathered dander and dust into a trash bag outside
- Spray Nisus DSV sanitizer/disinfectant with clean fogger into access doors
- Seal all access doors
- Install cleaned registers back into place
- Inspect the HVAC system to ensure that it is fully sealed
You may find it beneficial to address your home's indoor air quality through air duct cleaning. We have a range of indoor air quality products and services, so consider these if any family members in your home have allergies, asthma, or notice their symptoms improving when inside.